SEATTLE – LA talent represented at the annual Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle. The three-day festival is held at the Seattle Center, where several stages had Space Needle in view (making some great Instagram pics).
1. Fitz and the Tantrums, founded in LA, played the Memorial Stage. The band got its first big gig playing at Hotel Cafe in Hollywood.
2. Social Distortion rocked the Memorial Stage. The OC-based band was founded in Fullerton
3. The Weeknd rocked audiences singing “I Can’t Feel My Face When I’m With You” and his other popular songs on the Memorial Stadium stage.
4. Ben Harper played keyboard and guitar, and sang “Always Have to Steal My Kisses from You” with the Space Needle glowing above. Ben grew up in Pomona, east of Los Angeles, and was influenced when at age 9, he saw Bob Marley perform in Burbank.
5. Ellie Goulding played a sweep of her most famous three songs in a row. She admitted that she’s sometimes nervous on stage, to thunderous cheers of encouragement from the audience.
6. DJ Zedd from Germany kept the crowds on their feet for his entire 90 min set set at the Key Arena. His drops and climaxes mixing popular dance songs with EDM base and pulse-pumping visuals, lasers, and confetti kept the energy raging high. He has 2.2M followers on Twitter. He plays LA – Staples Center on Sept 18.