Interactive Emmys were awarded at the Creative Arts Emmys in Downtown LA on September 9-10, and the Interactive Media Peer Group Reception at the Television Academy in North Hollywood on September 6.
CREATIVE ARTS EMMYS
Westworld and The Oscars won Emmys at the Creative Arts Emmys in Downtown LA.
Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within A Scripted Program
- WINNER: Westworld • HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Kilter Films, Bad Robot and Warner Bros. Television HBO, Kilter Films, Bad Robot
- The Man In The High Castle: Resistance Radio • Amazon • Amazon Studios Mike Benson, Head of Marketing, Bob Bowen, Head of Music, Brianna Lopez, Head of Industry and Consumer Brand, Danger Mouse, 30th Century Records Campfire
- The Mr. Robot Virtual Reality Experience • USA • Universal Cable Productions, Here Be Dragons, Esmail Corp. and Anonymous Content, USA Network, Universal Cable Productions, Here Be Dragons Esmail Corp. Anonymous Content
- The Simpsons – Planet Of The Couches • play.google.com • Gracie Films in association with 20th Century Fox Television and Google Spotlight Stories, James L. Brooks, Executive Producer, Al Jean, Executive Producer, Matt Groening, Executive Producer David Silverman, Directed by Google Spotlight Stories
- Stranger Things VR Experience • Netflix • Netflix and CBS Digital Netflix. Craig Weiss, Executive Creative Director, George Bloom, Executive Producer, Jim Berndt, Head of VR
Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media Within An Unscripted Program
- The Oscars: All Access • ABC • ABC Digital Studio and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Meghan de Boer, Executive Producer, Rich Preuss, Co-Executive Producer, Teeny Stillings, Producer, Augie Vargas, Producer, Shelby Sundling Lathrop, Supervising Producer
- E! Live 360 (Red Carpet Show) • E! News Mobile App • E! News Development Team and IM360 E!, E! News Productions, E! News Interactive, Wilshire Studios
- Stand For Rights: A Benefit For The ACLU • Facebook Live • Friend of a Friend Productions Friend Of A Friend, Eric Gurian, Producer, Evan Jonigkeit, Producer, Jerry Kupfer, Producer Philip W. Hack, Producer
- Stand Up To Cancer: #Reasons2StandUp • standup2cancerP.aogreg22• Stand Up To Cancer: A Program of the Entertainment. Stand Up To Cancer: #Reasons2StandUp • standup2cancer.org • Stand Up To Cancer: A Program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, Telescope, Inc., Done + Dusted, Inc., Blue State Digital, ID-PR, CAA Brand Studio, Stand Up To Cancer: A Program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation., Done + Dusted Inc. Telescope Inc. Blue State Digital ID-PR
- The Voice On Snapchat Show • NBC • MGM Television, Talpa Media USA, Inc., Warner Horizon Unscripted & Alternative Television and NBC Entertainment, NBC
Outstanding Interactive Program
- WINNER: Last Week With John Oliver • HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Sixteen String Jack Productions and Avalon Television, Partially Important Productions
- Full Frontal With Samantha Bee Online • TBS • JAX Media Carol Ray Hartsell, Managing Digital Producer, Kim Burdges, Director of Marketing/Digital Production, Ana Breton, Digital ProducerCaroline Schaper, Digital Producer, Brittany Van Horne, Associate Digital Producer
- The Late Late Show With James Corden • CBS • CBS Interactive, CBS Television Studios, Fulwell 73 James Corden, Host/Producer, Ben Winston, Executive Producer, Rob Crabbe, Executive Producer Adam Abramson, Director of Digital
- Saturday Night Live Multiplatform Experience • NBC • Universal Television, SNL Studios, Broadway Video, NBC NBC
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon • NBC • Universal Television and Broadway Video Jimmy Fallon, Host/Producer, Marina Cockenberg, Director of Digital, Felicia Daniels, For NBC.com Tonight Show Social Team
Original Interactive Program
- WINNER: The People’s House – Inside The White House With Barack And Michelle Obama • Samsung / Oculus • Felix & Paul Studios and Oculus, Felix & Paul Studios
- Amigo To The Rescue: Disney Junior Interactive Show • iOS • Disney-ABC Television Group – Kids Digital Media Disney/ABC Television Group Kids Digital Media
- Dear Angelica • Oculus • Oculus Story Studio Oculus Story Studio
- HITRECORD x ACLU: Are You There Democracy? It’s Me, The Internet • The Huffington Post / You Tube • HITRECORD, ACLU, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Executive Producer, Jared Geller, Executive Producer ACLU HITRECORD
- Mission: ISS • Oculus • Magnopus / Oculus Ben Grossmann, VR Director, Adrian Sciutto, VR Producer
Amaresh Kollipara, Producer, David Swift, Lead Experience Engineer Kevin Field, Producer / Writer
Interactive Media Peer Group Reception
Joseph Gordon-Levitt spoke on the importance of new digital storytelling at the Emmys Interactive Media Peer Group reception at the Television Academy on Wednesday night in North Hollywood. His show Hit Record Joe x ACLU is nominated for an Original Interactive Program Emmy.
The annual reception recognized other nominees in several categories, and winners of the Juried Award for Innovation in Interactive Programming, and Lucy Hood Digerati Award.
Innovation in Interactive Programming
The Pearl VR short film by Google Spotlight won the Emmys Juried award for “Outstanding Innovation in Interactive Programming.”
Lucy Hood Digerati Award
Joe Lewis, Amazon Studios head of Drama, Comedy and VR, won the Lucy Hood Digerati Award. Lucy Hood was the previous head of the Television Academy, who shepherded many of its digital initiatives.
MCs and Hosts
Governors Seth Shaprio and Marc Johnson hosted the evening. Outgoing Seth Shapiro waved adieu as he ends his term.
Hosts Janina and Hunter March introduced the nominees. Janina previous spoke on our Celebs Go Social panel at the Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
The Interactive category winners will be awarded at the Creative Arts Emmys this Saturday.