Congrats digital at Emmys nominations. Streaming dominated this year’s Emmys nominations, with HBO and HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+ leading by platform. Their shows also led nominations and several major award categories.
By Platform: HBO and HBO Max, Netflix, and Disney+ led nominations
- HBO and HBO Max: 130 nominations
- Netflix: 127
- Disney+: 71 in its second year of eligibility
- NBC: 46
- Apple TV Plus: 34
- CBS: 26
- Hulu: 25
- Amazon Prime Video: 18
- FX Networks: 16
Streamers also dominated nominees in many categories, including Best Drama, Actor, Actress, and more.
By Show: The Crown and Mandalorian tied for most nominations at 24 each; followed by WandaVision with 23, Disney+’s first Marvel show
- The Crown: 24 nominations, tied with
- Mandalorian: 24
- WandaVision: 23
- Lovecraft Country: 18
The Emmys’ major digital category is Interactive Program. Nominees are:
- Create Together With Joseph Gordon-Levitt • YouTube • HITRECORD, Brian Graden Media, YouTube Originals. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Executive Producer Jared Geller, Executive Producer
- Inside COVID19 • Oculus • WisdomVR Project. WisdomVR Project
Gary Yost, Producer/Co-Director Adam Loften, Editor/Co-Director
- Space Explorers: The ISS Experience • Oculus • Felix & Paul Studios, TIME Studios. Felix & Paul Studios TIME Studios
- Welcome To The Blumhouse Live • welcometotheblumhouse.com • Little Cinema Digital. Little Cinema Digital Amazon Prime Video Blumhouse
The Emmys is scheduled for September 19, 2021 at the Microsoft Theatre in downtown Los Angeles.
Complete list of nominess on the Emmys site.